Friday, March 16, 2018

My Heart is Irish

     Tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day and tomorrow is also the day I turn another year older, which is really fun since my family roots on both sides reach all the way back to Ireland.  I hear you asking, "Does she really mean being another year older is FUN?"  Absolutely!  Hey, getting older beats the alternative and I'd lots rather be over the hill than under it.  :-D

     Over at QKR Stampede, we have another "Anything Goes" challenge starting today and I'm celebrating St. Paddy's a day early with this adorable image, "Bouquet 13301."

     This is another of those images which really has nothing to do with St. Patrick but I colored it so that it looks like it was meant to be a specific holiday image.  I colored the 'flowers' as if they were shamrocks or 4 leaf clovers and that really cemented the illusion.


I started with the sketch from Feeling Sketchy
but I turned it a quarter turn so that the ribbon stripe
was vertical on a square card.


     This is a pretty simple design but I did have fun putting it all together.  I colored the bear with ProMarkers and watercolor pencils.  I cut the image and the white, stitched frame with dies from Die-namics.  Then I found the golden CS and cut it to the size of the card front, and ran it through my 'Linen" embossing folder.  Next, I used one of the Die-namics dies to cut a stitched 'window' in it and then I inlaid the image and frame pieces.  Instead of having layers, it's actually all in a single layer.

     I added glittered washi tape as though it was ribbon and made one of my tiny, hand-sewn bows.  I printed the sentiment, hand cut it, and added it under the image.

     Challenges:
Creates and Makes
Cuttlebug Mania
Everybody Art
Ike's World
Lemon Shortbread
Morgan's ArtWorld
Outlawz Color
Passion for ProMarkers
Sparkles

     The weekend is nearly upon us and I hope you have plans which will bring you great pleasure, even if it's just to lie like a veggie on the couch!  :-D  If you have time, make a card and come pay with us at QKR Stampede.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

22 comments:

jimlynn said...

That little guy is so cute and I love your card. Great take on the sketch too.
Happy Birthday a day early although I'm sure I'll remember (maybe???) to tell you tomorrow too. Just keep on having those wonderful birthdays!
Lynn

Basslady said...

a very cool card!

thank you so much for playing along with us at Sparkles Monthly!

hugs and kisses from germany
silvi, xoxo

Elaine Stark said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining Passion for Promarkers. Elaine

Suzanne H said...

What a cute card! Happy Birthday and St. Paddy's Day!

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous Connie, just adore this image and what a fabulous image to celebrate not only your birthday but St Patrick's day too!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Oh I love this image and so nicely coloured too. Love your design and colours. Nice work. I won the exact same image recently but I have not yet coloured him up. I must do so soon after seeing your project. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Morgan's Artworld Challenge, best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT for  http://morgansartworld.blogspot.com.au/<br

Donna said...

Happy Birthday! Lovely St Pat's card. What a great QKR image. Love the glitter paper. Hope your birthday is really special!

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Sparkles, good luck!!! Amy DT

Christi Conley said...

You are so right - it DOES look like a St. Patrick's Day image! Fantastic job ~ Happy Birthday & Happy St. Pat's from one Irish broad to another xoxoxo

Jennifer said...

I just love this image, he is so cute for St Patrick’s Day. xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

HAPPY St Patrick's Day and Happy Birthday.
Love your card.
Faith
x

Teresa Arsenault said...

Happy birthday, my friend! your card is adorable and has such lovely stitch lines. hugs, Teresa

ike said...

Fantastic - great colouring and I love how you 'Irished' the image LoL Very clever :-)
Thank you for coming to play at IKEsWORLD Challenges.
Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Sall said...

Fabulous image and great colours too. Happy St Patricks day albeit belated. Thank you for taking the time to join in with our challenge and sharing your creativity with us, I love to see your talent, creativity and imagination at work. I hope to see more of your creativity in the near future. Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

Arlene said...

So darn cute!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Belated happy birthday to you! And happy St Patrick’s Day also! It was so nice of you to visit my blog this weekend, bless your heart. 😃 I like your festive card, especially the green glitter washi tape and the sweet little hand sewn bow. Wishing you many blessings all the year through!

Aunty Sue said...

Such a brilliant card and perfect image for St Patricks day, and thanks for sharing with us at Passion For Promarkers this week.

Lori Kobular said...

Happy Belated Birthday you fine young lass!! Love your Saint Patrick's Day bear!!

Julie said...

Gorgeous card, Connie - love image and definitely spring-like! Thanks for joining in my Spring challenge at Passion for Promarkers this week, good luck, Juliexx

Borqna said...

Belated happy birthday to you! And happy St Patrick’s Day also!
Love this card - Bravo!
Thank you for coming to play at IKEsWORLD Challenges.
Good luck!

Andreja said...

Beautiful card you made. I like the way have you used our sketch :-)) The stams is so sweet.
Thanks for playing with us at Feeling Sketchy.

Hanne said...

Lovely card. Love that you have made the image into an image for St Patricks day with the coloring. Thanks for playing along with us at Feeling Sketchy.