Sunday, October 1, 2017

"Feline" OK?

     Well, today we begin another new monthly challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies and we have our usual "Anything Goes with a Critter" theme.  Our sponsor is MHK Designs and they provided the DT members with a fun set called "Pet Puns."  Check out the challenge post to see the entire set and how the whole team used it.

     I used the cat image from the set (of course) and here's my inspiration card.  Not only do I love that cat, I adore the sentiment!


     I used ProMarkers to color the image, then cut it with a die from Spellbinders.  I layered that onto dp I found in my stash of scraps and added jute cord to it before I added the image to a scrap of blue CS which had been run through my "Linen" embossing folder.  The hand cut sentiment is also from that MHK Designs set.

     One of my tiny, handmade bows was the final touch - clean, simple, and flat for mailing.

     Challenges:
Crafty Creations
Crafty Gals Corner
Digi Choosday
I {heart} ProMarkers
Lemon Shortbread
Outlawz Twisted Thurs
Scrapy Land
TTCRD

     I hope you're going to come and play with us this month.  We have a new DT member and I know you'll want to meet her!  Check out the 2 Crafty Critter Crazies blog to see who it is.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

14 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Love that Feline ok sentiment! Your kitty card is so pretty, that die really makes the kitty stand out!

jimlynn said...

So pretty! The placement of the kitty on that die is fantastic. Love the angle of it. Beautiful card!
Lynn

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous Connie, this little cutie looks like your honey! I love the sentiment too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Juls said...

Love the colours on this, thank you so much for sharing it with us at Digi Choosday crafty hugs Julia xx

Unknown said...

Hehhehe - DARLING!!! Thanks bunches for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Sure hope you will remember us for our next challenge too! Xj.
TTCRD DT: Joi@RR{My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Lena said...

Lovely image on a very pretty card design. Your little bow adds the perfect finishing touch.
Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Gals Corner.
♥ Lena ~ DT

Jane Savage said...

Love how you have layered the papers and put the oval at an angle! Really lovely!
Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday! Jane S (DT) xxx

Maria - Ivyleaf Crafts said...

A lovely cat and I like the way the way have placed it at an angle xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WONDERFUL, love the image and how you have cut the die around it, a SUPER card.
Faith
x

Hester said...

Beautiful card!
Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday! Hester

Victoria Rowson said...

Wonderful! Thank you so much for choosing to share with us at Lemon Shortbread Challenge Blog!!

Jessica K said...

Hehehe! :) I love this set! You did a great job showcasing the set. Thanks for joining us this month at MHKDesigns! :)

Jess - DT
www.freshbyjess.blogspot.ca

Carol L said...

YOur kitty is colored so beautifully, and I just love the angle of placement on your card! Great look to weave the twine through the lacey edges too!

Julie Odil said...

This looks just like the picture of your cat, Honey, on your sidebar. Congrats on winning last month's challenge at MHKDesigns! You might win again this month with this great entry! Thanks for linking up again. Julie, MHKDesigns DT member